Re: Debian Kernel Group Meeting

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 05:08:15PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> you still didn't read or get my question:
> Who will maintain the chosen pvops patch for the Squeeze lifetime?
>
> yes, this is the part of the work:
> * backward port important fixes, securtiy patches
> * read bug reports, decipher oopses and be able to fix them

When I hear that this feature will be marked as "deprecated" in squeeze,
I interpret that to mean that it is supported, but that it is a legacy
feature and will be removed from future versions.  In other words, I
assume that the kernel team has already decided how things will be
handled within squeeze.  If this isn't what you mean by "deprecated",
could you please clarify what your intentions are, regarding Xen dom0
suppport (pv-ops or otherwise), in squeeze, and in squeeze+1?

I don't mean to trivialize the work that must go in to supporting
pv-ops/dom0 support in squeeze.  If nobody is volunteering to take on
this task, I understand that it is a significant issue.  I'm just hoping
to get a clarification of what the actual situation is.

Thanks.
noah