RE: 2.6.30-5~bpo50+1 and missing firmware

Dear Kushal Koolwal,

Thanx for your answare, but I have already installed the firmware-linux and other firmware packages. I search for the tg3_tso5.bin tg3_tso.bin tg3.bin ql8100_fw.bin file on tha packages.debian.org in all dist(stable,unstable,experimental) but nothing. I search for it with google too but nothing.

Quoting "Kushal Koolwal" <kushalkoolwal@hotmail.com>:
firmware-linux

I think I had the same problem.
See this:
http://blogs.koolwal.net/2009/05/11/tip-debian-linux-kernel-firmware-issues-ethernet-drivers-missing/

Basically add non-free to sources.list and then do:
apt-get update
apt-get install firmware-linux

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

Get free photo software from Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009