Re: Applying e1000e patch to the Debian 2.6.26 kernel

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:50:34AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> So I'm wondering, did somebody applied some patches for e1000e between
> the release of Lenny 5.01? Or maybe, the e1000e on the X8STi-3F is
> different from the one of my Thinkpad t500? Is there even different
> versions of the board at Intel?
[...]

There are many slightly different chips handled by the e1000e driver.  If
it was broken for all of them we would have fixed it before release!  You
have to test on the specific model which the kernel from "lenny" doesn't
work on.

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.