2.6.28-1-powerpc and b43 with wireless-tools

Hi All,

I've recently installed linux-image-2.6.28-1-powerpc and my wireless
card stopped working properly (seems to connect to the AP but can't
get an IP address). I have used wireless-tools options in
/etc/network/interfaces but this doesn't work anymore with .28 but it
works fine with .26. Initially I thought that the driver in the new
kernel got broken (b43), but after fiddling with wpa_supplicant I've
managed to get it working again both with .26 and .28.

Any reason why the same wireless-tools options work fine with the old
and not with the new one?

Cheers,
--
Raf