finalizing 2.6.28 config options

hello :)

have gone through the open 2.6.28 Kconfig variables for x86_64 and set the
evident ones, those below are still open. once we have settled those. i'll
see to have also a clean x86_32 config.

* XEN_DEBUG_FS
  ian can you please decide on that one for x86?
  have seen it enabled in fedora but Kconfig speaks of performance hit.

* MEMTEST
  do we want it?
  it is disabled by default if needs bootparam to be enabled.
  although defaults to N and i see it disabled in fedora!?

* X86_CHECK_BIOS_CORRUPTION
  default disabled, diagnostic tool
  guess not, but..

* FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL
  default enabled
  we probably don't ship right yet relevant firmware separetly?

* MTD_DATAFLASH_WRITE_VERIFY
  data integrity, but default disabled?
  not seen in any fedora config

* MTD_DATAFLASH_OTP
  OTP data support, default disabled?

* VIDEO_FIXED_MINOR_RANGES
  usefull for !udev setups
  defaults unset and so seen in fedora

* HID_COMPAT
  default set useful for !udev setups
  seen unset in fedora

* USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_MPR
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA28
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA28X
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA28XA
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA28XB
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA18X
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19W
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19QW
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA19QI
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA49W
  USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN_USA49WLC
  bunch of new firmware for some option style serial dev
  not looked at their licences yet nor request_firmware() usage

* STAGING
  pile of crap drivers
  disabled in fedora, users might request it, but currently seems
  not really supportable. so i'd be for unsetting, but want opinons?

* SUNRPC_REGISTER_V4
  experimental default disabled
  but seen enabled in fedora
  requires portmapper that supports protocol version 4!?

* SYSCTL_SYSCALL_CHECK
  might uncover things, maybe for some time in squeeze??

* IRQSOFF_TRACER
  SCHED_TRACER
  CONTEXT_SWITCH_TRACER
  BOOT_TRACER
  default disabled, but enabled on fedora

* STRICT_DEVMEM
  is userspace ready for that!?
  probably should da a testboot and see if lenny xorg comes up with it
  enabled.

* X86_VERBOSE_BOOTUP
  default yes and guess debian users like it!?

* EARLY_PRINTK_DBGP
  defaults no, seen enabled on fedora

* OPTIMIZE_INLINING
  shall we trust gcc? default disabled
  can reduce kernel size and requires gcc 4.x :)

thanks for your input.
would like to have those set by this week, so that we can soon jump
on the .29 resume and butter goodness :D

--
maks