Re: Fixing linux-modules-extra-2.6

Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Daniel,

Hi Ben,

> I had a look at the various build failures for linux-modules-extra-2.6,
> filed bugs on those module-source packages that didn't have them, and
> have suggested fixes for some.  I then made the module-source bugs block
> #478314 as appropriate.

thanks, however, this is a bit inaccurate, since the results are for old
2.6.24.

The workflow is usually like this: upload for a new kernel release for
working modules on i386 and fill bugs for non-working ones, once it's
passed through NEW, fill bugs for all !i386 failures, if any. wait one
or two days for responses from module maintainers, otherwise disable
module on affected archs and re-upload. Then, if module maintainers have
fixed their modules before testing migration, another upload happens
with only this change.

For now.. let's just wait until 2.6.25-2 made it through NEW...