Re: Kernel package irregularities

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 06:59:03PM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:

> I've noticed a couple of discrepancies in the debian/control file of
> linux-2.6 package, and I can't really tell whether those are bugs or
> not:

> 2. There is linux-modules-2.6.26-1-xen-686 package. All other
> linux-module packages are virtual (corresponding linux-image packages
> provide them). It might be that this is the package containing the
> modules for domU, but in that case package description needs to be
> corrected.

I believe these modules are for dom0 rather than for domU, with the intent
that the associated image package (if it were actually fully functional) be
shareable for both dom0 and domU?

But then, in that case I would expect the image package to also include
various non-hardware-related modules that are useful in a domU context.
<shrug>