Re: m68k work

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 01:27:12AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> > Howdy!
> >
> > Christian is going on travel so I'm hoping to add some m68k patches so
> > we can build with the same compiler as all the other archs. Especially
> > since gcc-3.3 isn't in sid for m68k any more.
> >
> > I believe this is an abi change, but Christian said he didn't think
> > there was going to be any more 2.6.25 releases so now would be a good
> > time.
>
> right, 2.6.25 is the lenny backup release.

So may I commit an abi-changing compiler change to bring m68k to
gcc-4.1? It does require a minor patch that's already going upstream.

I have a couple of other patches I'd like to apply that are also going
upstream, queued for 2.6.27 I believe, that aren't abi changing.

> > Is this going to be a problem? If not, I'll try to get started.
>
> 2.6.26 has just been released upstream.
> please shoot for 2.6.26 afais in trunk m68k are not enabled,
> do you have commit for them?

No I don't believe so. Do you want me to submit patches?

Christian says he normally just commits to sid. Would you prefer
that I commit to trunk (or send patches based on trunk)?

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>