Re: xen status update

hello ian,

thanks for response no rush :)

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008, Ian Campbell wrote:

> There's a (quite longscary) queue of patches which add 64bit domU in
> the tip tree[0]. I worry a bit that they touch a fair bit of generic
> code which might make it impractical to backport into the main non-Xen
> packages but they could be dropped into the -xen flavours. In any case I
> don't think they've quite settled down yet (I don't believe it is in
> -next yet for example). I'd prefer to take those ones to the
> fedora-pvops tree if possible.

i see so a bit too scary for a stable release where we would have
to support for too longuer. i'd guess people get used to the
idea that dom0 comes with lenny+half kernel.

of course if pvops works i'm all ears

> > could you take a look at #488284
>
> Will do.

thanks

> > also according to http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
> > Queued for 2.6.27:
> >     * Save/restore/migration
>

> > what's there name and that be probably the less hanging fruit?
>
> Those changesets can be found in the x86/xen branch of the tip tree[1]
> and look a lot more tractable than the 64 bit stuff. They seem to be
> mostly self contained in the Xen code.

ack, cool.
added the patch to linux-2.6 trunk, not yet enabled.
missing your testing.
had just a small Kconfig fixup due too the xenctl patches.

kind regards

--
maks