Re: initramfs-tools: how to to avoid nuking tmpfs?

Hi,

maximilian attems <maks@debian.org> writes:
> people are adding all sorts of things to initramfs,
> if you look into the archives you'll find clean attempts for sshd.

Thanks for the pointer. I found #465901 "cryptroot remote unlocking on
boot feature"

but if I understand correctly sshd (dropbear) does not survive
run-init in this case either?

> if the root is corrupted you need anyway to go over to the box.

If it's a hardware problem you are probably right. However, if
somebody has just accidentally destroyed some important binary I can
just rsync the system disk from daily backups. In any case I can run
"smartctl" to distinguish between these two cases so that I can visit
my local hard disk store before visiting the machine if necessary :-)

best regards,
Timo Lindfors