Re: What was the reason for enabling Xen on all i386 kernels?

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 08:25:44PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> why?
>
> their scripts are buggy, beat them to it.
> you seem to have enough energy.

I am doing that now.  I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression
that the xen features would break the driver's access to the hardware
without changes.

I guess the real case is that the driver should work on a kernel with
xen support, just as long as it is the main kernel and not a xen guest
kernel.  That would mean checking for CONFIG_XEN is not the correct way
to detect whether you are in a xen guest or running on dom0.

I am about to test a build against the 2.6.25-2-686 kernel using the
173.08 driver with a patch I just made.  I hope it works.

--
Len Sorensen