Re: 2.6.25 postrelease trunk upstream sync

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:12:31PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 05:55:48PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 01:32:56PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > i'm announcing to sync trunk again with latest git from linus.
> > My arguments from <20080204161003.GA27513@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org> still
> > stand.
> they were refuted subsequently and no one else complained about
> git handling in contrare.

Okay, so I announce the following (which will gain us nothing but allows
me to continue with my work):
- Add a private branch for infrastructure changes, add it to snapshots.
- Drop dists/trunk/linux-2.6 from snapshots because it does not have the
  ressources to build another full set.

The branch will probably stay at .25 for a long time and merges are
likely to break really badly.

> > And? This can be done after it have been stabilized with rc1.
> no that's fucking late and a lot of work.

Its also fucking late to do deep and problematic changes to the core of
the build system.

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown