Re: 2.6.25 postrelease trunk upstream sync

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 05:55:48PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 01:32:56PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > i'm announcing to sync trunk again with latest git from linus.
>
> My arguments from <20080204161003.GA27513@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org> still
> stand.

they were refuted subsequently and no one else complained about
git handling in contrare.

> > if you object please provide an alternate way for git patch handling.
>
> Use git if you want to be at bleeding-edge.

sure i'm booting linux-next from time to time to keep my mojo,
but that's not what we are discussing here.
we are speaking about *Debian* integration of upstream.

> > with git7 on amd64 we are already on 46 undefined variables and
> > 14 nonexistant symbols. (even not half way through the merge window)
> > also the amd64 config is a properly synced config with zero undefined
> > or nonexistant variables for 2.6.25.
>
> And? This can be done after it have been stabilized with rc1.

no that's fucking late and a lot of work.
it's much easier to do it day per day when patches trickle in.

--
maks