Re: enable cs46xx for etchnahalf?

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 01:04:39PM +0300, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Wiki page told to post here, though perhaps you follow debian-kernel
> bugs too. Anyway, added support for newer hardware would be great if
> previously working drivers would keep working :)
>
> What are the odds of applying the firmware separating patch from
> #464197 and creating a new firmware package? For etchnahalf?

Unfortunately in this case it is simply does not appear legal for
Debian to redistribute this firmware. I've sent a request to Cirrus
Logic for a license granting free redistribution. I doubt I'm the
first, but its worth a try..

That aside, I wonder if there's any good reasons to not take the split
out patch, allowing these cards to function if the user chooses to
manually install this firmware image.

--
dann frazier