Re: Handling of trunk

* Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> [2008-02-04 17:10]:
> - The git patchsets are known to break complete architectures, so he
>   pushs _known_ broken patches. powerpc and s390 are broken since.
>
> I wanted to do some work on the infrastructure but can't do that without
> something working. This behaviour currently considers upstream changes
> more critical than the infrastructure, while it can't work without.

I don't see why you cannot test the infrastructure, as long as the
kernel builds on one architecture.

Anyway, as I said on IRC, I think it's a good idea to stay close to
upstream and track changes, so I'm happy to see git patches in SVN.
At the same time, if this really leads to major problems with testing
the infrastructure, I have no problem waiting for rc1.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/