Re: Setting ACPI_SYSFS_POWER broke all battery status applets

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 03:16:59PM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> the final 2.6.24 upload has ACPI_SYSFS_POWER activated instead of
> ACPI_PROCFS_POWER, causing all applets using hal (#462723), and those
> parsing proc directly (/usr/bin/acpi, wmacpi...) to fail reading the
> battery status.

Well, fix them? The old interface is marked as deprecated. It was clear
that this will happen since at least one year.

> This makes .24 pretty useless on laptops.

No, it makes not.

> I suggest we revert this change ASAP (I tend to upload -2 on monday
> evening UTC), until the concerned packages are fixed to be able to use
> both interfaces.

This produces other problems.

Bastian

--
Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3