Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:42:56PM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:39:05AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Non-free material is being included in main for the benefit of *precisely zero*
> > users.  There's no two ways about this: this is a Social Contract violation.
>
> Kernel has 736[1] open bugs, including ones that corrupt data and
> make other packages fail to build. All but one affect actual users.
>
> Does the Social Contract really mandate that we should fix bugs
> affecting 0 users before dealing with bugs that actually degrade
> the user experience?

No, choosing what to spend your time on is every volunteer's option.  You get
to spend your time ranting about this just like Nathanael gets to spend his
time ranting about that.

And I get to send a mail saying obvious things.  Everyone is happy you see.

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)