Re: [kernel] r9069 - in dists/trunk/firmware-nonfree: . debian iwl3945

On Thursday 05 July 2007 08:59, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> i personally like it better, to have them separated, not because
> upstream makes also two packages, but because 99% of all people do have
> either one card, or the other, but not both on the same machine.

But then, you also get loads of modules for which you don't have hardware
if you install a linux-image-* package...

I'd agree with Bastian that avoiding unnecessary package fragmentation is
good. In theory, you could even go so far as to lump together are
wireless drivers in one binary package, though it probably makes sense to
keep drivers separate if they have dependencies on other packages in the
archive.

Cheers,
FJP