Re: Kernel frozen

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 05:00:07PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Noone wants to say it, so I do: The kernel for etch is frozen. No
> updates shall be done except for security problems affecting the
> installer.

[Shouldn't this be on debian-kernel-maint?]

Thanks Bastian.

Now, I'd like to create a process for tracking non-security changes
for incorporation in etch point releases. My personal preference is to
use usertags:
  bts user debian-kernel@lists.debian.org , usertag NNNNNN dkt-pending-etch-update

Any bug that is of severity important or higher is a candidate for a
stable update. Of course, the stable release team needs to approve
each one. I would suggest that we track each issue via a bug report
and only add a fix to svn once the bug report has been approved by the
SRM team.

As for svn, how about we move sid/linux-2.6 to etch/linux-2.6 now, and
start a etch-security branch? Or is the convention that we should
leave it under sid/ until it has been superseded in sid?

--
dann frazier