Re: Firmwares left

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:08:45 +0200, Frederik Schueler <fs@debian.org> said:

> Hello, as far as the GPL and BSD licensed firmwares are concerned, the
> licenses of these firmwares are compliant with the DFSG and will not
> be castrated from the kernel, see the GR007/2006 discussion.

> As for the rest: our priority is free software, who cares about users?

> tg3: Drop. The firmware should be pruned and the driver deactivated
> until someone shows up with a patch upstream accepts.

        While I am a user of this driver (my laptop came with a broadcom
 gigabit card),  I do appreciate your caring for user freedoms and
 dropping this driver.

        thanks for doing the right thing, even if it means I can't use
 lan0.

        manoj
--
I have defined the hundred per cent American as ninety-nine per cent an
idiot. George Bernard Shaw