Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

* Nathanael Nerode:

> The most recent linux-source-2.6.22 contains the following files:
>
> drivers/media/video/dabfirmware.h

Probably okay, could be a frequency table or some kind of bitmap.  Who
knows.

> drivers/net/drgs_firmware.c

Doesn't exist upstream.  Huh?

> drivers/usb/misc/emi26_fw.h
> drivers/usb/misc/emi62_fw_m.h
> drivers/usb/misc/emi62_fw_s.h
> drivers/usb/serial/keyspan_mpr_fw.h
> drivers/usb/serial/keyspan_usa*_fw.h (11 files)

Not okay, not even distributable (license incomaptible with the GPL).

> drivers/net/tokenring/smctr_firmware.h
> drivers/net/appletalk/cops_ltdrv.h
> drivers/net/appletalk/cops_ffdrv.h
> drivers/net/tokenring/3c359_microcode.h

Borderline case, problaby not okay on GPL compatibility grounds.

Since most of these seem to have fairly standard headers, maybe a grep
could be added to check that they aren't present when building the
.diff.gz?

And, Nathanael, I'm really pissed off by your accusatory style of
voicing criticism.