Re: initramfs-tools / cryptoroot

maximilian attems wrote:
> hello daniel,
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 12:28:22AM +0200, Daniel Reichelt wrote:
>>> why are you not using ipconfig, the klibc dhclient equiv.
>>> if it doesn't work for you i'd be happy to know why!?
>> 1) I've overlooked udphcpc is compiled into initramfs-tools' busybox
>> 2) I've tried (roughly) this afternoon to use udhcpc, it just says it's missing
>> some script. Gotta look deeper into this when I've some spare time...
>>

> wasn't talking about udphcpc but ipconfig see usage in
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/nfs boils down to
> ipconfig <device>

*lol*
Only when I just reviewed my mail when it was already sent I understood your
question properly:

The same stuff I mentioned earlier about having to be available as a binary
goes for ipconfig when dhclient3 is used. When DHCP is not used, busybox'
ipconfig would suffice of course (AAMOF I saw it working as I've added the DHCP
stuff after I had the static IP crap running (the latter w/o the "real"
ipconfig but just the bbox one.)

Good night

Daniel