Re: Ethernet fails after package upgrades (was:Kernels does not assign irq to eth0)

New input again: Suddenly both cards are allocated interrupts and
recognized as eth0, and eth1. Trying to bring up either interfaces give
the same output:
RTNETLINK anwers: File exists
Failed to bring up "eth0" or
Failed to bring up "eth01"
What's going on here??
Do I have a hardware problem somewhere on the motherboard??

Googling a little seems to indicate that the RTNETLINK message comes
from the kernel, right?