Re: changing maintainer field

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 02:54, dann frazier wrote:
> > Note that you'll probably lose me as someone who occasionally helps
> > reply to bugs as I doubt I'll want to be subscribed to two separate
> > kernel lists. I suspect this will be true for others as well.
>
> why? I mean, what's the overhead of subscribing to two separate lists?
> Just curious..

It's not really the overhead, but mainly that I'm not interested enough in
kernel bugs by themselves to subscribe to them separately. If they'd be
on a separate list, I'd almost certainly just ignore them and only follow
the discussions.

In the end the decision is up to the kernel team of course. I just wanted
to give my view on it.

We have the same dilemma for D-I. Personally I feel that moving
installation reports to a separate list would just mean that even less
people than currently would work on them.