Re: Cannot compile nvidia-kernel, i386, kernel 2.6.20 and 2.6.21

Hans wrote:

> Dear maintainers,
>
> since kernel version 2.6.20 and 2.6.21 it is no more possible to compile
> the nvidia-kernel-module. Either the nvidia-kernel-legacy nor the normal
> nvidia-kernel-source. My architecture is an Athlon XP, 32-bit with i386.
> On my notebook with debian-amd64 everything is working fine.
>
> It looks for me, that it is inhibited to compile it due to the
> non-GPL-license. Take a look at the output please:

Modify the file paravirt.c in arch/i386/kernel/paravirt.c

You'll need to change the line EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL to:
EXPORT_SYMBOL

That should solve your problem.

FYI, this is already fixed in 2.6.22

Kernel Maints:
Since it is fixed in .22, will the same fix be included for .21 ? It already
is breaking for all nVIDIA users.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.