Re: Cannot compile nvidia-kernel, i386, kernel 2.6.20 and 2.6.21

Hans wrote:
Dear maintainers,

since kernel version 2.6.20 and 2.6.21 it is no more possible to compile the nvidia-kernel-module. Either the nvidia-kernel-legacy nor the normal nvidia-kernel-source. My architecture is an Athlon XP, 32-bit with i386.
On my notebook with debian-amd64 everything is working fine.

It looks for me, that it is inhibited to compile it due to the non-GPL-license. Take a look at the output please:

<snip>

Is there anything known about it ? I tried both, using make-kpkg modules_image and module-assistant with no success. With older version (2.6.18-1-k7) everything is compiling fine.

The "problem" is that CONFIG_PARAVIRT is set.
There are good reasons to set it.

To get around it,
(1)recompile the kernel with that turned off, or
(2)follow the method discussed in:

Hugo