Re: Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.21-[23]

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:23:00AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:18:57PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
>
> > I'd like to schedule the linux-2.6 2.6.21-[23] upload for today.
>
> Yes, please.
>
> > Fixes:
> > - alpha isa interface
> > - powerpc mkvmlinuz support (waiting for testbuild)
> > - sparc32 deprecation? No fix yet for the cmpxchg problem.
>
> Has there been any input from the sparc porters on this last change?  I
> agree with Frans that regardless of the upstream status, this isn't a change
> to be made without their consent.

Well, we are at best a year away from the lenny release, assuredly
having the sparc32 kernel dropped for a couple kernel releases now is
not a decision of such tremendous impact as an official dropping of the
sparc32 support for lenny would be.

If later on the sparc32 kernels are fixed, it will be time enough to
reactivate it.