Re: arm FTBFS for 2.6.20-2

Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> I uploaded a patch to fix the FTBFS on arm for 2.6.20-2.
>
> Currently, the kernel includes several modules that do not build on
> ARM. The first set were marked as broken in
> patches/bugfix/arm/disable-broken-config-options.patch. This patch
> marks two more modules as broken. For this commit, the patch file name
> is patches/bugfix/arm/disable-broken-config-options2.patch. Is there a
> consensus way of organizing such patches? The current naming scheme
> isn't particularly informative, and each patch file disables several
> kernel config options. Would it be better to create a patch file for
> each config option that is disabled? That method may make it easier to
> revert patches in the future.

I see this in the build log:

WARNING: "cmpxchg" [drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic.ko] undefined!

This is interesting because it's the same issue I'm seeing (with etch's
kernel) trying to get aufs to work on arm. Isn't this a more general
issue that cmpxchg should be available for arm? Why is the existing
handler for cmpxchg not being built I wonder?

--
see shy jo