Re: kernel configuration management tool

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 08:58:45AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> guillaume.lopes@etu.univ-paris7.fr writes:
>
> > What do you think about this project ?
>
> What would be the main difference between your proposal and the
> current kernel configuration tool? Why not just improve the current
> tools?

Notice that the nearest match are the kconfig.ml tool i wrote (which can do
nice diffs between config files and between config files and
arch/subarch/flavour config snipplet in the debian kernel infrastructure), or
the older tool Andres wrote in ruby.

I am not sure if the actual kernel config tool stuff, as maks suggested, can
easily grow up to do what we need. My understanding is that it is written in
C, and maybe less easily experimentable as the planned ocaml tool, since ocaml
is a language very well adapted for parsers and graph manipulators, like what
would be needed here.