Re: the -12 question

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 06:44:08PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> Steve asked on IRC about doing a -12 for 4.0r0. There are a few RC
> bugs and a few security bugs that we could fix before then.
>
> Of those present on IRC (vorlon, fjp, fs and myself), there was a
> consensus to proceed. Does anyone on the kernel team object to this?

I have five pending sparc bugfixes, already committed to etch branch,
all usertagged dkt-etch-updates:

#415818	fixes boot failure on E450 machines
#412749	fixes unaligned access in ether1394_reset_priv()
#409313	fixes frequent unaligned accesses in ip_rcv() and ip_fast_csum()
#414877	fixes kenvctrld so it does not consume 100% CPU
#415819	fixes oops in tcp_sendmsg on T1k/T2k machines under heavy network load

I've added the last patch today. As I don't have access to a useable
sparc machine at the moment, I'm CC'ing Emanuele Rocca, who should be
able to do a test build and confirm that the resulting kernel boots
properly.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org