Re: initramfs-tools

[ correcting the ml cc *grml* ]

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:36:54PM +0100, Mauro Sanna wrote:
> maximilian attems wrote:
> >[ keep the mailinglist on cc, that is _not_ a private request! ]
> >
> >On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Mauro Sanna wrote:

> >>Without lvm2 hook how I can generate my initrd with lvm2 support?
> >
> >please reread aboves phrase.
> >

> The problem is: I've installed sarge with /boot in a traditional
> partition and lvm for the remaining disk space, kernel 2.6.8 with initrd.
> Start the system and is all ok.
> Then I've upgraded to etch, kernel 2.6.18 and initramfs-tools.
> The kernel upgrade runs mkinitramfs.
> Then I restart the system and it says that cannot find my volume group
> and is "waiting for root filesystem..."
> In my preceding upgrades, months ago, I didn't had this problem.
> Why now I have?

well how about you file a bug report.
anyway most probably you are passing a wrong root param,
lvm2 root needs to be of the form /dev/mapper/vg-lv
and not the symlink /dev/vg/lv

if that is not the case you provide much to less useful info,
so fire up reportbug on that box against initramfs-tools.

--
maks