Re: Solving the linux-2.6 firmware issue

On 01/05/07 13:54, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today Bastian Blank and I finished the preparations to release the next
> linux-2.6 package with an orig.tar.gz complying with the GR2006-007.
>
> The following drivers will be completely removed from the next upload,
> because they contain legally not distributable components:

This doesn't have anything to do with legality. You can legally
distribute these drivers.

GR2006-07 specifically allows the exception for them. That's what the
debian developers voted to allow. Am I reading the results wrong?
http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_007

What legal advice did you receive that made you determine that it is
illegal to distribute them?

Regards,
Jeff