Re: Reply only to list! (Was: G5 fan control and official debian kernels.)

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 09:14:55PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> You might agree, but it's against the code of conduct for the debian mailing
> lists: http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/index.html#codeofconduct
> (#9 in that list)
>
> Be liberal in what you accept, and strict in what you send!

Then clearly I need to stop sending mail to Debian lists.

> > Anything else, and you're just being rude to people who are
> > providing feedback.
>
> To me, getting the mail twice, once in the list folder and once in my personal
> inbox folder (which I read more often, with more urgency, with more
> attention, etc.), is being treated rude.

You don't get out much do you? If you don't like it, set Mail-Followup-To!
Otherwise, you're complaining about having the SENDER have to do more work?
And *THAT* is rude.

This is also contrary to virtually every other Linux related mailing list
convention.