Re: Solution for module problem

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 10:09:59PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> As far these other posibilities which give different output to now have
> been shown:
> - Only one package per module like loop-aes-2.6.17-1 which contains the
>   modules for each flavour. This will clutter /lib/modules a little bit
>   more and I already see the bugreports raising.
>
> - Functional groups. The problem is, I currently see only one group:
>   Block devices and filesystems.

Maybe add a "hardware support" category?

A third possibility:

- One package per module and flavour (as it is now). This means
  the number of binary packages will not decrease, but all binary
  packages can be updated and processed in NEW in one go (per
  arch). Not sure if this makes work any easier for ftpmasters.

I understand this is what Sven proposed, too.

cheers,
Max