Re: Scheduling 2.6.17-1

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

Jurij Smakov wrote:
[snip]
There are a couple of patches for 2.6.16 which I would love to see
included. There is a D-cache memory corruption fix included in 2.6.17
(attached as sparc64-dcache.patch), which did not appear in a 2.6.16
point release as I hoped. As it also affect the mips arch, perhaps mips
maintainer should also have a look at it.

The mips kernel seems not to trigger the failure seen on sparc, but the
current handling is arguably incorrect for mips as well.

Thanks for looking at it, Thiemo. Since your message does not make it clear whether you want it or not :-), I've committed it as dcache-memory-corruption.patch to dists/sid/linux-2.6.16. Feel free to remove the mips hunk if you feel that it's not neccessary.

2.6.16 on sparc is good to go now.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org