linux-image-2.6.15-1-k7: breaks reiserfs + kernel: psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.

anyone know what version of the kernel this first appeared in and in
what version is was/is/will be first fixed?

Also, I found some references to the a different below bug.  Trying to
find the range of kernel versions where both of these exist so I can use
a kernel without both bugs.  The mouse bug keeps requiring a reboot.

"