kernel-image-2.6.11-1-686: annoying printk's owing to RPC_PARANOIA enabled in svc.c

Package: kernel-image-2.6.11-1-686
Version: 2.6.11-7
Severity: wishlist

I'm getting a lot of 'svc: bad direction' kernel messages.  Apparently
these are caused by random internet idiots doing portscans, or whatever,
resulting in invalid RPC requests.  It seems to me there is no reason
to report this sort of error; the printk is a larger problem than the
invalid request (which is just dropped), for me and I suspect for
99%+ of users.  Moreover, blocking the port is a hassle because it is
dynamically assigned, and the error message is worthless because it does
not report the source of the request.

I suggest Debian's kernel disable printk for invalid RPC requests via
#define RPC_PARANOI 0 (in net/sunrpc/svc.c, line 23).