Re: Mediation not Politics (Re: removal of svenl from the project)

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 21:57, C Shore wrote:
> Abstract
>
>snip<
> Sven is certainly not quiet, however from what I have seen of
> type of response his suggestions and posts get, he is justifiably
> frustrated.  I am personally surprised he hasn't gotten disgusted
> with the project and left, or greatly reduced participation, of
> his own volition, as others, most recently 'Joey', have done.
> Perhaps it is for the same reason I will be helping with the
> debtags tagging (regardless of whether or not that can lead to
> being a dd), namely believing in the ideals of the Debian
> Project.
>

> Daniel

Good post, I agree totally, when a DD gets so frustrated with the
project, and their only recourse is to leave, then something is
wrong with the system.

In my other post I mentioned a few idea's that might be worth
considering, but I was flamed and marked as a FUD spreader.  That's
ok but their seems to be a lot of blaming the messenger going
around lately. What people need to do is look inwards, and consider
some of these idea's before shooting the messenger.

Maybe a lot of developers need to swallow there pride and try to
learn from others.

Rthoreau