Re: initramfs-utils and LVM ?

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:58:10AM +0100, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> I installed the notebooks around almost a year ago, and at that time
> debian did not support such a method. I had some discussions with
> maintainers at that time, and I assume that it was my proposal why it
> is implemented in latest snapshots, but I never got a feedback that it
> had actually been implemented.

i don't know if you reread what you wrote,
but aboves statement is pretty bold.
to support lvm on top of luks was one of the first step that the hook
supported and it was done by the work of alphix and me.

> That's why I had written an mkinitramfs hook and a local-top script to
> do that. I recently noticed that ubuntu's mkinitramfs did not
> automatically include /sbin/vgchange anymore, and that debian's
> mkinitramfs contained comments that these changes will apply soon.
>
> That's what I asked about that. I did not intend to launch a discussion
> about how the latest debian installer works.

i'm not interested in random assumptions, i tried to respond your
question on a technical level - you seem to be in pretty bad mood.

--
maks