Re: Schedule for linux-2.6 2.6.18-4

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 19:28, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 07:23:04PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > urgency=high is bogus as that only affects migration to testing and
> > would only be needed if 2.6.18 were already in testing.
>
> OK. What do you think about another 2.6.17 release through t-p-u then,
> to fix the ppc issue in testing? does it make sense at all, considering
> the current planning (RC1, 2.6.18)?

Yes, that seems logical. Please discuss this with the RMs though.
You'll probably want to get the new 2.6.17 accepted into testing proper as
soon as possible.

An upload of 2.6.17 to t-p-u does not affect D-I RC1 directly, so no need
to worry about that.

Does the powerpc issue also affect the installer, or does it purely affect
installed systems? I doubt I will delay RC1 over it as the issue must
have already been present in testing for quite some time.

It would also be good to discuss a new timeline for 2.6.18 with the RMs.

Cheers,
FJP