Re: where should arch/$arch/scripts go?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:14:06AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 05:23:23PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > I'm looking at fixing #392592, and I'm wondering where
> > arch/$arch/scripts should go? ia64 has them (as does um).
>
> On ia64, the usage can be patched away, no need to carry them with
> us.

hey Bastian,
  Please explain what you mean by "can be patched away".

Are you implying we should hardcode the results of these scripts?
I don't personally like that approach since it looks like we'd be
removing safety checks and adding assumptions about the toolchain.
I suppose we could setup dependencies for the headers package to
enforce a matching toolchain, but that sounds like a portability
regression.

Of course, I don't think I've ever correctly guessed what you are
implying, so that's probably not it :)

--
dann frazier