Re: firmware position statement.

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 03:33:40PM -0700, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> etch". This opinion has been already voiced in Frederik's GR, so I don't think
> it's worth duplicating it. I can't really prevent anyone from submitting this
> statement as a GR, but I would not be the one to second it.

Well, this is an interesting position. Why do you think this should not be
GRized ? Or do you believe the current situation with regard to the GRs
already out there is satisfying ?

There where problmes both with Frederiks original GR, as well as with the
amendment Manoj proposed, andin particular that last one, which basically says
the same as your position statement, is much less clear than the position
statement, and open to wide mis-interpretation.