firmware position statement.

Hi Jurij, ...

I like your statement, and i suppose it is a shame we didn't held this meeting
ways earlier, because the discussion would sure have benefited from your input
and your clear wording of this issue.

The only point i would comment one, concerns 2), and i wonder if we should add
something about the fact that those sourceless GPL firmwares, are most
assuredly there by error and misinformation on the vendors part, as was the
case for both the tg3 firmware and the qlogic ones, and that we expect the
firmware copyright holder, once contacted, to quickly move the copyright
licence into one of the two other categories, or even free it. Altough the
most probable is that it will move to category 3).

Also, the question that needs responding now, is what do we do with regard of
the various GRs ? This position statement can be something that can be easily
transformed into a GR with minimal changes, and it seems to me that at least
Steve Langasek will be satisfied with it.

Someone (not me) should post this position statement to debian-boot and
debian-release, or to the d-i and RM team personally, and get their feedback
on this, and then we can try to GRize it.