Bug#384063: marked as done (mkinitramfs generates incomplete mdadm.conf)
Your message dated Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:17:06 -0700
with message-id <E1GFrfO-0004VA-TI@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#384063: fixed in initramfs-tools 0.76
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
the backwards-compatible support for mdadm in 'mkinitramfs' creates an
incomplete '/conf/mdadm.conf' file for an initrd.
It uses 'mdadm --examin --scan', which in newer versions of mdadm (eg
2.4.1-5bpo1, ie from backports.org, but I strongly assume that this
as very similar for the official testing version) won't create any
'DEV' lines, therefore an initrd later won't find the RAID disks
when trying to scan for them.
Adding 'DEV partitions' to the 'mdadm.conf' file fixes this, so pre-
pending this in the 'mdadm.conf' generation in 'mkinitramfs' would help.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
initramfs-tools, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
maximilian attems <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated initramfs-tools package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:17:51 +0200
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian kernel team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: maximilian attems <email@example.com>
initramfs-tools - tools for generating an initramfs
Closes: 380649 383730 383908 384063
initramfs-tools (0.76) unstable; urgency=medium
* debian/control: Tighten klibc to 1.4.19-2 for fixed nuke. (closes: 383730)
* mkinitramfs: Only hard code root when root arg got passed.
* init: Parse /proc/cmdline for rootfstype, initrd-tools did it too.
* init: Parse /proc/cmdline for rootdelay.
* scripts/local: Use eventual rootfstype and rootdelay info.
* initramfs-tools.8: Add more docs about boot args, s/2.6.15/2.6.17/.
* scripts/functions: Simplify parse_numeric() by arithmetic calculation,
instead of working on it's representation. Thanks to tarski.
(launchpad.net/21759) Much more elegant than the 0.58 version fix.
* mkinitramfs: Parse rootraid for sarge compatibility and pass the info
to the initramfs if etch mdadm is not yet installed.
* scripts/local-top/mdrun: Assemble the root raid first before mdrun.
Thanks martin f krafft <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (closes: 383908, 384063)
* update-initramfs: Check if /etc/kernel-img.conf is readable,
before attempting to parse also check for the right field.
* init: Check for root=/dev/nfs. Parse ip kernel command line for nfsroot.
Drop undocumented and not compliant nfsopts.
* scripts/nfs: Add ip parsing conforming to Documentation/nfsroot.txt.
Use the nfsroot bootparam in combination with eventual ip provided
device or server-ip. Do minor code cleanups. Both items based on patches
by Vagrant Cascadian <email@example.com>. (closes: 380649)
* Set urgency medium due to large number of serious bug fixes.
7049ed2c8a3fa3b3d701a899b3eb8dd6 623 utils optional initramfs-tools_0.76.dsc
be820456964747f42ff9caa292cc01da 48551 utils optional initramfs-tools_0.76.tar.gz
191d0f781bf3594aa580e0aa64d986e8 54208 utils optional initramfs-tools_0.76_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---