Re: svn games

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Jurij Smakov wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Bastian Blank wrote:
>
> >As I said, an abiname bump is a last resort solution and needs to be
> >coordinated. Frederik and I currently coordinate the uploads and other
> >core changes. So I think we have the right to veto such problematic
> >changes.
>
> I'm not interested in the discussion of your self-proclaimed rights, or
> excuses for your actions. You have made the svn into your own provate
> playground, and I don't care too much about it. What I care about is
> treating my fellow developers with respect and I don't think it would be
> too much to ask for the same in return, given that I acted in good faith.

the svn policy that waldi enforces is rude and opaqe to outsiders,
when not decoded by fs.

waldi needs to communicate what went wrong.

concerning the stable upgrade, i guess the makefile snippet was included,
that prompted in the past reverts from my commits.
on the flip side you can revert waldi's reverts, but those games are no fun.

i've already once asked for an explanation and got an ack by tbm [0].
waldi removed me too from Uploaders with an strange explanation,
it was fs that added me back.

there is a lot to do especially on the bts front, documentation front
- kernel-handbook. so i'm not happy to see everyone chased off!

best regards

--
maks

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2006/03/msg00476.html