Re: svn games

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Bastian Blank wrote:

As I said, an abiname bump is a last resort solution and needs to be
coordinated. Frederik and I currently coordinate the uploads and other
core changes. So I think we have the right to veto such problematic
changes.

I'm not interested in the discussion of your self-proclaimed rights, or excuses for your actions. You have made the svn into your own provate playground, and I don't care too much about it. What I care about is treating my fellow developers with respect and I don't think it would be too much to ask for the same in return, given that I acted in good faith.

If it fails to compile, I won't say anything. But if it fails to even
patch itself on 4 of arches after that, I get angry as this will cost
many cpu time, time to fix it but can be easily checked by the person
which does the change.

You know, if you would send me and the maintainers of the affected arches this information on Saturday, I would drop everything and work on it until it would be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I'm not perfect, and I make mistakes. But I'm willing to learn from my mistakes and do everything to prevent them in the future. Public scolding will not prevent the future mistakes. A friendly note about the failure and information about source-all target which may be used to test stuff would totally do the trick.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org