Re: removing 2.4 from etch/sid

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 11:18:29AM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> dann frazier wrote:
> > I believe there's a rough consensus to not ship 2.4 in etch.  Anyone
> > object to a filing of bugs to remove these packages from etch?
>
> Mips/mipsel d-i hasn't fully switched to 2.6 yet. Is there a urgent
> need to remove 2.4 from etch?

There is a need to remove 2.4 *before* etch, but the reason for
requesting the removal now is just to make it clear we will not ship
2.4 in etch - that's not a good reason to break existing d-i betas
though.  We could solve the same problem by just asking the release
team to announce it.

--
dann frazier