removing 2.4 from etch/sid

I believe there's a rough consensus to not ship 2.4 in etch.  Anyone
object to a filing of bugs to remove these packages from etch?

Developers at DebConf have pointed out to me that removing these
packages would help avoid confusion/unnecessary bug reports.

The rough consensus was also to continue to support systems for which
users have compiled their own 2.4 - if we proceed with this removal,
we might ask the release team to explicitly note this in a d-d-a
e-mail so that package maintainers do not break 2.4 support if possible.

On the other hand, if you'd really like to see 2.4 kernel images in
Debian *and* are willing to assist with the security maintenance
necessary to make this possible, please let me know.

--
dann frazier