Re: [dannf@debian.org: removing 2.4 from etch/sid]

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:03:13PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Does any m68k subarch still need a 2.4 kernel?

d-i is currently paying (at least some) attention to amiga, atari,
q40, *vme*, and mac.

Of those, only amiga seems to be ready for a full switch to 2.6. mac
works on some hardware.

We've never really supported q40, so that's not a loss. mac doesn't work
with 2.4, anyway.

To my knowledge *vme* and atari don't have large followings. Although
we do have buildds running for those subarchs, I believe they are
running with custom kernels anyway. Atari requires patches not in the
kernel packages as I recall.

So, as long as we're not dropping full support for 2.4 in other
subsystems, I don't see a problem.

Any one else?

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>