Re: removing 2.4 from etch/sid

* dann frazier <dannf@debian.org> [2006-05-16 17:04]:
> I believe there's a rough consensus to not ship 2.4 in etch.  Anyone
> object to a filing of bugs to remove these packages from etch?

For mips/mipsel, there's at least one sub-arch that is not in 2.6 yet.
It's getting close though, but in the meantime I'd like to keep 2.4.

For arm, I've recently removed the last bits of 2.4 from d-i and I was
going to request the removal after the next d-i beta.

In general, imho 2.4 should be removed from d-i first for each arch,
and then after the next beta the 2.4 kernel images can be removed.  We
can start with the removal of 2.4 from those architectures which no
longer use 2.4 at all (e.g. powerpc).
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/